COMPANY AND TEAM
Microgrid Labs Inc (MGL) is a consulting and software company specializing in commercial fleet electrification and microgrids. MGL was formed by a team of professionals with over 100 years of combined experience in power engineering and automation.
Our services range from initial assessment, feasibility studies, modeling, simulation, and optimization to support during the implementation and operations phase. MGL has a successful history of partnering with other domain experts in delivering comprehensive solutions to a diverse group of clients across the US. MGL is a privately held company. It is a California-registered Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE).
Narayanan Sankar – Cofounder and CEO
- 30+ years of international experience with Siemens in power systems, power electronics, industrial automation, renewable energy, and IT.
- Implemented a commercial scale battery energy storage project for the DOD, including an intelligent PV-storage control system for renewable energy time-shifting and peak load shaving.
- Has worked on Microgrids since 2010 and participated in the development and commercialization of control systems for energy storage and Microgrids, supporting several customers in conceptual and systems design of facility and campus-scale Microgrids.
Dr. Namit Singh – CoFounder
- Expertise in Microgrids, Solar PV, Distributed Energy Resources (DER), Electrification of Transportation, Electro-Mechanical Systems, Control Systems, Sensors, and Data Acquisition.
- Extensive R&D experience with focus on concept to prototype development of new products.
Dr. Arun Kumar – Data Scientist
- 35+ years of experience in designing hardware, software, and algorithms. Areas of special expertise: source and channel coding, transform space techniques, design of special-purpose computers, high-definition video, sensor and microcontroller-based systems.
- Fluent in Verilog, VHDL, Matlab, Mathematica, Python, and C. Led teams of hardware engineers, software engineers, and mathematicians.
- Experience with every aspect of business, including manufacturing and project planning. One U.S. patent for a video teleconference bridge.
Jonathan Levy – Product Manager
- 2+ years of experience in modeling and optimization of renewable energy systems, microgrids and e Mobility systems.
- 10+ years of experience in infrastructure systems for alternative fuel vehicles, designing hydrogen purification systems and manufacturing industrial and chemical processing equipment.
- Holds a Master’s degree in Renewable and Sustainable Energy and a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Maintains Professional Engineering licenses (P.E.) in multiple U.S. jurisdictions.
Enric Sabadell – Senior Associate
- 3+ years of experience in modeling and optimization of fleet electrification, renewable energy systems, and microgrid projects
- Holds a Master’s degree in Renewable and Sustainable Energy from the University of Colorado and Bachelor degrees in Environmental Studies and Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- 6+ years of experience in the outdoor industry
Rohan Datta – Data Scientist
- 2+ years of experience with data modelling, renewable energy systems, analytics and microgrid technology
- Holds a Master’s Degree and Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from the University of California, Berkeley
- Engineer in training, California
Parth Parab – Full Stack Engineer
- 2+ years experience in Software Development
- Holds a Masters of Science in Computer Science focusing on Full Stack Web Application Development from Stevens Institute of Technology
- Parth has extensive knowledge in Machine Learning and Data Analytics
Andrew Thibeault – Software Engineer
- Currently working on M.S. in Electrical & Power Systems Engineering at CU Boulder, B.A. in Physics and minor in computer science from Vanderbilt University
- 1.5 years of mainly backend software development experience
- Current studies focused on power systems modeling and analysis with regards to smart grids, next generation technology, and renewable generation
Robert Underhill – Product Manager
- 10+ years of experience in transportation product and project management experience including more than six years in electric transportation
- 2+ years of experience in market research and consumer insights
- Holds Master’s degrees in Applied Data Science and in Mechanical Engineering
Paola Massoli – Project Manager
- 4 years of experience in research, analysis, and consulting services for clean transportation projects
- 10+ years of combined experience in air quality and climate research, emissions inventories, project management, stakeholder engagement, customer training, and participation in multi-disciplinary teams
- Holds a Masters degree in Sustainability and Environment Management, and a PhD in Polar Atmospheric Sciences
John M. Benson – Advisor
- 30+ years of experience in power engineering, electricity distribution control systems, automation, and advanced metering systems (CEC’s Demand Response WG2 and WG3).
- Managed the design of more than 200 electric utility control systems, including several control systems and microgrids in commercial and industrial installations.
- Led Siemens’ advanced facilities energy control system efforts as product implementation manager.